Wednesday, February 29, 2012

its almost that time of year...

My favorite day of the year is rapidly approaching. What day is that? The DC 101 Chili Cookoff my friends.  For those of you who don't know I am part of an amazing chili team, aptly named Maryland MANS Chili (for Michael, Alexis, Nicole & Steve).  We've competed for a few years now, with life getting in the way every other year making it so we can't make it. But this year we will be there.  Last time we competed we placed 5th place overall - this year it's time for us to make it to the stage for an award.

This weekend starts the beginning of making test batches of chili. We'll see if I am willing to post the final recipe on the blog at a later date (it's not a decision I am able to make on my own...there are people I must consult with). In any went I'll let you know how each batch goes.  In anticipation, today I became an actual card-holding member of the International Chili Society. Now we can not only compete in the people's choice chili, but also salsa and chili verde.  I can't wait to get my card and scroll in the mail. Expect to see pictures...

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see pics and also taste some test batches. I love food :-) especially Nicoles. shhhhhhh do not tell my fiance that since he use to be a former chef lol. Never forget about your true hearted fans (me ofcourse) that have come to cheer you guys on in the past years and will ofcourse be there this year. Maryland MANS chili is AMAZZZZZING. This year I totally see a trophy coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! I am very excited for the recipe and photos of the scroll.

    PS - I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm sure I'll be coming to you for pointers soon enough!

      Delete