Wednesday, March 21, 2012

get excited...

It's arrived! I am now a legitimate member of the International Chili Society.  I received my bylaws, a proclamation proclaiming me a "Charter Chilihead", and a membership card in the mail. Yes, I'm that awesome.  So what does being a member of ICS entail? It means that now, when our amazing chili cook off team, Maryland MANS Chili, enters into competitions, if we happen to win a competition we are guaranteed entry into the World Championship Chili Cook-off.

We are expanding the amount of cook-offs that we enter - in addition to the DC 101 Chili Cookoff that we are competing in May 12th, we are also entering into the New York Chili Cookoff, which will be held in glorious Staten Island on Saturday April 21st.   We are entering into the red chili, green chili, and salsa competitions.  I encourage you all to come and support our team! It should be a fun day, filled with chili, chili, and more chili!

So far we've tried out making our first batch of green chili. While it wasn't perfect, I think it's a winner and see great things for it. Anyone who wants to come down to Bay Ridge and be a chili taster you let me know...

1 comment: