Sunday, March 18, 2012

fresh and fruity

This weekend Steve and I had a little celebration for our 30th birthdays.  As usual, in my family, I acted as bartender for part of the evening.  I stole a drink idea from one of our favorite bars in Boston, aptly named Drink. It's one of those bars where you can tell the bartenders the type of alcohol you like and what you are in the mood for and they make you exactly what you want.  I walked in there wanting a vodka drink (of course), that was floral and fruity. Here's what they came up with, and what I made this weekend. Warning - they are much more potent than they taste.

2 parts vodka
2 parts fresh grapefruit juice
1 part St. Germain elderflower liquor
1 part simple syrup (see my prior post about sangria for the recipe for simple syrup here)

Combine all the ingredients in a large pitcher.  Shake each drink individually in a cocktail shaker with ice, then pour into martini glasses.

It's a great summertime drink, party drink... really it's an anytime drink. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment